Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm back, darnit.

And I'm not happy about it.

Sometimes you go on vacation and by the end of it you're ready to just be home. Not this time. Nope. Wasn't missing home at all.

We had a great time - a very RELAXING time. No cell service, no Internet, and just enough TV to keep us sane.

Believe it or not, we even survived the drive. Take a look:

That's 530 miles. NINE hours if you drive it straight. Eleven if you have two small children. (And I consider it VERY good that they only needed to stop two or three times each trip.) We also got our first doses of "really big roadside attractions". I promise a post on those later this week. But for now, I'm thinking happy thoughts.

Sunset on Lake Kitchi

How could you not be at peace with sunsets like these?

4 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

Wow, what a beautiful picture! Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a ball, looking forward to seeing more pics.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I missed you! So glad it went well and everyone returned home safely. :)

1stopmom said...

Wow, that sunset is beautiful. I love the fact you let the laundry wait and watched the kids have fun. I need to have a few days like that. I think I will give it a try this summer.