My Mom has made this chocolate-on-chocolate cake for years. Its amazing and tastes like she spent hours in the kitchen using some sort of elite foodie hipster store ingredients. I shared the above pic on Instagram and got lots of requests for the recipe. You'll love this one -- four ingredients!
1 lg. package of chocolate pudding (not instant - the "cook on the stove" kind)
milk (whatever the package of chocolate "cook on the stove" pudding calls for)
chocolate cake mix
1) Cook the pudding on the stove to package instructions. Once it starts to bubble, take the pan off the burner and let it set for five minutes or so.
2) Empty the package of chocolate cake mix into a bowl.
3) Pour the pudding into the cake mix. (Mom says she doesn't add all of the pudding. Over the years the size of the pudding package has gotten bigger. She leaves out maybe 1/2 c. or so.)
4) Mix with a hand mixer.
5) Pour into a greased and lightly floured 9x13" pan.
6) Sprinkle chocolate ships over the top of the cake.
7) Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes.
The only other thing I'll add is that this chocolate cake is decadent. You'll definitely want a glass of milk!