Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spoiled Mommy...

If you've read just about any post on my blog, you'll know that I'm a music lover. I have to have my music. At work, in the car, while walking...there is a soundtrack that accompanies my life, albeit usually not as cool as that might sound.

Back when I was a naive 18-year-old and a freshman in college, I "took advantage" of all the credit card offers that filled my tiny little box in the on-campus mail room. I quickly found, that most likely due to my "higher earning potential" after having some college experience (like three weeks), that I got new offers every day. (I will say I didn't go too buck wild, but I did have a J Crew card. Therefore, I was teh awesome.)

One of the offers I jumped on in that pre-mp3 world was an application to join a music club. You know the kind - 27 free CDs but then you had to send back the little card saying you didn't want Michael Bolton's Greatest Hits or they'd bill you $29.95 for it.

One of the first CDs I ordered was Jewel's Pieces of You. I loved that CD. I mean, what self respecting emo teenager WOULDN'T fall in love with "Who Will Save Your Soul"?

So imagine my delight when someone emailed me last week and asked if I might want to SEE Jewel in concert in Milwaukee? And meet her during a special backstage performance? I admit - I actually squeed like a girl. (Milwaukee people - you can still get tickets!)

So a friend and I are heading to the Pabst Theater tonight to see Jewel with special guest Kip Moore. Not only are we going to a magnificent historical theater to see a great show, we are doing it SANS KIDS. (If you want to be jealous of anything, be jealous of that.)

A really cool Web site has been set up with more information on the concert series, sponsored by Country Finanacial. You can enter to win tickets to a "flyaway package" or instantly win free music downloads.

Check the Web site for tour dates in your city. Even if you can't make the show, I promise to post pictures soon so that you can live vicariously. Hee...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast. Have fun! Love the new header. I haven't been here in a bit. Sorry I won't see you at BlogHer. You'll have to come out and see me!

WeaselMomma said...

Have a great time!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Awesome. Have a great time.

OHmommy said...

I made out with the lead singer of a great band in the Pabst theater.

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

I officially hate you and am green with envy now. That is all.

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com