Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Breathe.

I try to bring the funny here on Mommy Always Wins. I tell the "if I didn't laugh I'd cry" stories, because I know that reading them myself makes me laugh and reminds me that I know exactly how the writer is feeling.

But sometimes I just can't be funny and now is one of those times.

I have a dozen great posts swimming inside my head - some even half composed in my dashboard. But I can't bring myself to write the rest of them.

The mojo - she's on vacation.

There are only a few days left before school starts, the schedule for which is making my head spin. I'm seriously going to make an hour-by-hour chart for each day so that we don't forget a kid somewhere and pull one of those horribly over-done gimmicks they use in comedies involving unorganized families. You know the one - "Where's Billy?" "Whuh -- What do you mean where's Billy?!?" "It was your day to pick him up!" "No! It was YOUR turn. We switched, remember?" And then there's an eight-year-old kid left in Chicago alone while the rest of us are off galavanting in Paris.


So long story short, I'm just feeling really overwhelmed lately and the best (worst?) is yet to come. Before the summer is gone, my hair has been pulled out in clumps or I've run away to join the circus I need to take a little time and just slow down.

4 comments:

Heather said...

sending hugs and love.
xo

Karla Porter Archer said...

hugs

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Take all the time you need, Colleen! Feeling the same way. xoxo

melissa said...

i know the exact feeling!!
hugs honey!

xoxo
m
-http://www.rockanddrool.com