Friday, March 28, 2008

Flashback Friday - No. 3

Cool is not something I've ever claimed to be. I wrote a series of ramblings essays while in high school in my spiral notebook personal journal about the condradictions of many of the characteristics that made up my nature at the time. I can no longer cite those examples, as those notebooks are long gone (I'm pretty sure an old boyfriend took possession of them at some point and he probably burned them when we broke up and I started dating a close friend of his - that friend is now the Hubster, so don't go thinking I was some hoochie). But the purpose of writing in those notebooks as a teenager is much the same as my purpose for writing this blog - it's good therapy. Writing has always been my way of coping, getting out on to paper the stresses that plague me and at the same time, being able to see things from a different perspective when reading them later. Its almost as if once they're written I can let go of those things somewhat, and revisit those thoughts again looking through an outsider's eyes.

So today I offer you two things.
1) The below photo so that you may laugh at my matching of sweat socks with an Easter dress, and
2) My very own blog carnival, "Flashback Friday".

Now, I may not have many readers, but I encourage you to join in, and add the Mr. Linky feature so your friends can join in as well. The only rule is that you write about or post a photo of something that has affected your life before today. Whether its photos of your great-great-great-grandparents or your high school prom, use this carnival to laugh a little at yourself or get a little something off your chest.

I think we could all use the therapy.


I'm guessing this is 1985. The two boys to my right are my brothers Al and Jeff. The baby in my arms is my cousin, Jacob, who is getting married in May!

Rules:
1) Anyone may link up - the more the merrier! But please put only link up if you've written some sort of flashback post. There are no committments to play every week, and there is no fee to join. :O)
2) Please paste a permalink only into Mr. Linky. If I visit your blog via the link you put into Mr. Linky and I can't easily find your post, yer outta here. But I mean that in the nicest possible way. (If you don't know how to find your permalink, read this.)

Get Flashback Friday Graphics



5 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Aww - look at how adorable you are!

Kristen said...

Just saw your meme and love it. Love the socks too :D

http://www.wearethatfamily.com/2008/03/date-part-v.html

Zip n Tizzy said...

Jumping on for Flashback Fridays. Looking forward to joining you down memory lane.

Unknown said...

Wow that is SO CREEPY! In a cool way, of course...

Just yesterday I was thinking about how I wanted to do a Flashback Friday on my blog with the same concept and everything,(thinking, naievely enough, that I invented it myself,)and today I randomly came across your blog! Which I love, by the way...

So count me in on Flashback Friday.

So weird... I just can't get over it. :p

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I didn't realize these were ACTUALLY yours. I thought you stole it somewhere else. I need to do one one day.