Friday, April 18, 2008

Vintage Thingies...I'm late for Thursday!

So, as I mentioned to the Apron Queen in a comment yesterday, I wasn't having the easiest time complying with her tag to participate in her meme, Vintage Thingies Thursday:

1) I don't really own a whole lot of vintage ANYTHING, unless you count the
appliances that came with our house when we bought it that we've kept "just in
case" in the basement.
2) But I *did* buy a Campbell's Soup ad from the Feb 1930 issue of a needlepoint magazine in Door County many years ago that's been in its protective plastic sleeve ever since.
3) I took pictures of said ad (featuring Ox Tail and Mock Turtle Soup, no less!) yesterday.
4) Then I accidentally reformatted the memory card. I just about cried. Thank GOD my tackle on Tuesday involved taking photos off the camera.
5) Took the photos AGAIN only to see the red battery light flashing.
6) Put the battery in the charger.
7) Brought the camera to work w/o the battery.
8) Did a Homer-esque "D'OH!" when I realized why the camera wouldn't turn on when I pressed the power button this morning.

Finally, without further ado, here are photos of the Campbell's Soup ad from the February, 1930 issue of Needlepoint magazine. (It's approx. 12" x 18", far too big for my scanner.)


Full ad

Close up - mmm...Mutton soup.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Mutton and Oxtail soup how strange.

The Apron Queen said...

It was worth the wait!! What a strange old ad! Those soups sound sorta yucky.

Thank you for participating. I love having the company!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

JEWELGIRL said...

Hello Milwaukee!
I'll have some Mutton soup!
Hope you stop by and say Hi,
at sandwichedmom my Vintage Thingee
and at Jewelgirl-searching, I have vintage jewelry.