I originally posted this recipe in December of 2008, as proven by the watermark on the photo.
I keep saying I'm going to actually bake something this year. My kids reeeeeely want to decorate cookies but the idea of letting them go buck wild with frosting and jimmies and colored sugar makes my toes curl. (Though I swear by buying pouch mixes where all you have to do is add one or two ingredients and mix and they're ready to bake. I'll be "re-sharing" my favorite cheater pouch cookie recipe tomorrow.)
The one thing I'm really looking forward to baking this year is my cranberry cream cheese bread. I mean, look at how pretty it is!
CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE BREAD*
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 c. whole cranberries
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1) Rinse & drain cranberries.
2) Blend cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla & eggs - beat until creamy. (Hint: I put the cream cheese and butter in the micro for 30 seconds or so to make them soft enough to mix.)
3) Add 2 c. of the flower and the baking soda and beat well.
4) Combine the other 1/4 c. of flour with the cranberries, fold them and the walnuts into the batter.
5) Grease 2 large loaf pans and bake at 325 for 50 minutes.**
**It could have been my oven, but I ended up baking mine for FAR longer than 50 minutes. I baked both loaves at the same time and both were gooey in the middle after 50 minutes. I kept setting the timer in 5 and 10 minute increments until a knife came out clean. I believe they were in the oven for roughly 1 hr. 10 minutes before they were both done.
*I got this recipe from a co-worker a few years ago and I totally made up the name for this bread. Ignore the fact that there is cream cheese and four eggs in it - calories don't count from mid-November til January 1st, anyway.