Thursday, February 7, 2008

This is Otis. I love Otis.

I'm crabby today. My 30th birthday is in a few weeks and I've been trying to organize a little get-together for a while now. Nothing big, just a night out with some drinks. But only one friend and her boyfriend can make it. Replies from my other friends were along the lines of, "Sorry, can't make it...can we get together for lunch instead?"

Why does everyone want to go out for lunch?

Don't get me wrong. Lunch is good. I like lunch. But lunch, at least with my friends, rarely turns into a laugh-till-your-sides-hurt-drink-too-much-eat-too-much outing. Dinner and drinks holds the prospect of staying out too late but having the sort of great-ass time that you will talk about on later lunch dates. "Oh, remember that one time, we did that one thing? That was awesome." Is this a sign we're getting old? I REFUSE!
So, aforementioned friend sent me the photo below to cheer me up. It worked.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like early evening meals I have to be up at 5.45am and anyway it only takes two drinks and I'm being silly so probably just as well.
You go out with your 'real' friends and have a ball!