Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday #2 - More dust

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Before I post this week's project's before and after photos, I must start by saying that my children are well-fed, rested and happy little creatures. My husband and I are among the 'lucky ones' - I put that in quotes because we are truly blessed to have each other and a wonderful relationship. There's no luck about it at all. Because I (and Jay) work full time, sometimes there are less, uh, demanding projects that go without attention in my home, simply because little things like making dinner or a Tiny Tot class just get in the way.


After going an entire week with my last Tackle-It project still the way I left it (meaning it's still clean on the top of my fridge, versus the toys I picked up 3,476 times that are now on the floor again), I have more motivation to keep it up. Maybe if I squeeze blood from a stone spend an extra 15 minutes once a week on a project like this, I'll start to see a real difference in my home. That is, so long as I keep cleaning high places my children can't reach.


So here, in the order they occurred, are my Tackle-It projects for this Tuesday:


First I tackled this:


Then this:

And tickled them till they were red in the face.


Then, while the oven was heating up to make dinner, I tackled this:


Eeew. This nice, decorative bowl sits on top of our corner curio cabinet, in which our wedding candle, toasting glasses from our wedding and various other trinkets are held.

A close-up of that dust:

You'd think we live in a Scooby Doo cartoon or something. I swear our home is inhabited by real living, breathing people.

Unlike last week, I thought to take a picture of my rag as I cleaned up the grossitocity:

Eeeew.

This is the "after":


Now, before you go thinking I'm a lightweight when it comes to this deep cleaning stuff, I've been doing more than just what I've posted here. In order to (attempt) to get ready to move this year, I've been going through all sorts of crap, uh, I mean stuff. Really. Just read yesterday's post.


And to prove I really am crazy, I've joined this little NaBloPoMo thing. Its a challenge to post every day for a month. I almost do anyway, but with all the blog carnivals I participate in, sometimes I don't really get to the "meat" of a real post. I figure maybe this way I'll stop folding that load of laundry or putting those dishes in the dishwasher and go blog a little more.






12 comments:

Sarah said...

It's amazing how dust can make things look so...nasty. I dust on Monday and it's back in full force by Wednesday. The setting looks great and your little one's are adorable.

Check out my Tackle at www.thepitterpatterboutique.blogspot.com (giveaway)

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Oh man, dust is my enemy! You did a great job! Keep up the good work!

morninglight mama said...

Good for you getting things done. I'm insanely jealous, as it seems to be a good day for me if I get the current day's dishes in the dishwasher... :)

Karen said...

Looks good! Your pictures are so cute.

Kristen said...

Great job! Some days that's ALL the housework I get done. I'm easily impressed.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, looks so much better! Great job!

The Sweet Family said...

Whew, looks like that tackle came at a good time! It actually looks like you have new furniture there.

Great tackle!!!

Lisa G. said...

Hi Colleen
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I actually have some articles on my website http://www.thescrapprincess.com about digital scrapbooking & I create kits as well. If you have any questions, just email me or stop by my blog. I'd be happy to help you get started!
*Hugs* Lisa aka TheScrapPrincess

Kelley said...

Hi...can totally relate! Its not like I am saying 'NO' to dusting, its that Im saying 'YES' to eating, TBALL, work, pre-school...

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Tackle day :) Great job, love the pics.

Momma Mary said...

Ugh. Dust. What is it's purpose? I hate dusting. I never do it. I have a bookshelf or two (or seven) that look like that.

Thanks for the comment on my site. If they had a vaccination, I'm sure Not the Momma would camping in the line to get it for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous! For our new house we bought all black furniture and I am amazed at how much dust it collects.