Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ain't no party like a Cheesehead party



Its late and I'm really really tired, but I want to post about this -- along with the help of some friends, I'm excited to announce that



we're having a Mom It Forward Fundraiser/
Mix 'n' Mingle event in Wisconsin!!!



WHEN: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 7:00 p.m.


WHERE: Carrie's Stuckman's house, Sheboygan, WI



WHAT'S THE CHARITY?

Yehu Microfinance (http://yehu.org/) provides funding for women in Kenya to receive training and support in starting their own coconut oil extraction business. This oil is then sold to BasaBody (http://basabody.com/) and made into skin care items.


WHAT'RE WE DOIN'?

Along with a slew of other events online and off (see the Mom It Forward site for a list) this mixer is just one of many in person get-togethers that will be held across the US, Canada and Australia to raise money for this great charity. (Not near southeast Wisconsin? Check the M.I.F. site for a list of cities hosting events.)



While we mingle, you'll be able to sample the Basa Body's skin care items and purchase them if you'd like. We will also have a few GREAT items we'll be raffling off at the party. All ticket sales from the raffle will go directly to the charity!


PLUS! Donate $20 or purchase a product & you will be entered to win a $250 Disney Gift Card, a $150 Amazon.com Gift Card or a $100 Target Gift Card! (Click here for more info.)


I hope you'll be able to join us -- please email me or leave a comment on this post if you're interested. (Just make sure you include your email address on that comment so that I can send you event details!)



Can't join us? You can still donate and enter the gift card giveaway! There's a lovely little widget in my left sidebar where you can quickly and easily donate money online that will go directly to the charity.



THANK YOU!!!


For more info on the charities involved, or Mom It Forward in general, please read this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gargh! I got all excited and then I saw the date. Damn it! I have a friend coming from out of town and we're booked solid. I would have loved meeting you guys in person.

Unknown said...

I would love to! But, there's always a stinking but - we're shooting a wedding the night before, and my son's birthday is Friday so I think I better spend Saturday with him ,since the wedding interferes with his actual day. I hope I can make the next one.